Saturday, July 5, 2008

Friendship 友谊

My friend William Ting from Kuching, called me yesterday to ask me to accompany him today for a visit to his old friend in SS 20, Petaling Jaya. William is the Head of Operation, DiGi East Malaysia, and is here for meeting.

We visited Mr and Mrs Chua at their house in SS 20 this afternoon. Mr. Chua (81) suffered a stroke five years ago and his wife (80) suffered a stroke seven years ago. Both have recovered except Mr. Chua is not able to speak clearly and his right hand is not strong. They stay with his eldest son and both look alert and in high spirit and in good mobility.

William and I have lunch at a nearby coffee shop. Later I sent him to airport for the 4:00 pm flight home.

Friendship is for life. I admire William's love and care for his old friend.

As always, William brought me Sarawak specialty -- Pepper !













古晋的老朋友玉安 ( William ) 昨天来电话,约我今天一同去探访他住在八打灵的老朋友蔡镇钊夫妇。玉安是 DiGi 东马区的营运首长,他是过来这里开会的。

我们今天下午到了他们家。蔡太太(80岁)在七年前中风,蔡先生(81岁)则在五年前,遭遇到同样的命运。他们都经过一段时间的疗养,现在大致上都复原了,只是蔡先生说话还不清,右手没力。他们都能自己照顾自己,行动还算方便。目前他们和大儿子同住。

过后,我和玉安到附近的一间咖啡店吃午餐。餐后,我把他送到机场,乘搭下午四点的飞机回家。

友谊是永远的。我非常敬佩玉安对老朋友的关心和爱心。

向以往一样,玉安送给我沙劳越的特产 --- 胡椒 !

No comments: