Saturday, November 27, 2010

Catechetical Jamboree 主日学生活营


Two weeks before leaving for holiday, an invitation to conduct a 3-hour session to a group of Mandarin speaking secondary students at our parish year end 3-day Catechetical Jamboree was sent to me.

Knowing the difficulties facing the Mandarin speaking community of finding facilitators, I accepted the invitation even though talking to youth is an unenviable task to me. I am weak in conducting session for youth.

This morning at 9:30 am, I faced a group of 30 enthusiastic youths .... ha ha ... to my surprise, many of them are my Facebook friends!

Their warm welcome settled me immediately....

The theme of the day is "walking with the Lord".

Besides the usual inputs, I sent them out in groups for a "walk with Jesus" to Kajang town, allowing them to see their familiar town through the eyes of Jesus.

A video presentation on the lives of 3 blind, severe mentally impaired youth was screened and discussion followed.

I thought it was a good session.

A total of 380 Catechism students, (primary & secondary schools), from 4 languages participated in this Jamboree. They will have camp fire party tonight.

My greatest respect and appreciation to the teachers and volunteers who have been working very hard towards the organisation of this camp.

Praise the Lord.






























More pics in Facebook 更多照片


大约在我出国旅行前的两个星期,我收到一项邀请,给参加主日学假期营的华语中学生们一个三小时的讲座。

华文组常常在主办活动时,面对讲员的困难,所以我答应了。其实带领青年人的讲座,是我既不愿意的事,因为我没有此专长。但因为是自己本身的堂区,也得该帮忙吧。

今天早上九时半,我面对一群为数三十位的青年,他们的热情,使我很快的放松。原来他们之中,有好多位是我面子书的朋友呢!

今天的主题是『与主同行』。

除了通常的一些讲题传达,我分组的派遣他们『与基督同行』,到加影街上走走,透过基督的眼光,看看他们这熟悉的街道,商店,行人及环境,寻找新的视野。

过后,我放映了三个失明,严重智障青年的故事,然后让他们分享各自的感受。

我自己觉得这个讲座还算不错。

总共380名来自四语言的要理班学生参加了这个假日营。今晚他们将有一个营火联欢晚会。

我非常的赞赏及恭敬要理老师及志工们的努力,办好这个假日营。

感谢天主。

No comments: