Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year Mass 新年感恩弥撒


Many non- Christian friends were surprised to learn that I do celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year too.

They thought Christmas is my "new year" !

As a Chinese Catholic, I celebrate Christmas (Birthday of Jesus Christ), Jan 1 (the first day of the universal Gregorian calender year) and first day of month as the CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY or Spring Festival of my Chinese tradition.

Neither my Chinese root obstructs me to live out my faith nor my Christian faith erodes my Chinese characteristic or identity.

The first thing to do on the first day of the New Year is to attend New Year Thanksgiving Mass at the church .... like most of the Chinese going to temples offering prayers and thanksgiving to the Almighty.

I thanked God for the blessings showered upon my family for the past year, and prayed for continued guidance, protection and blessing in the Year of the Dragon.











More pics in Facebook 更多照片

Video in Youtube 录影


有好多非教友的朋友,他们很惊讶的得悉我也庆祝华人农历新年。

他们以为『圣诞节』就是新年。

作为一名华人天主教徒,除了庆祝圣诞节之外,我也欢迎公历新年(元旦),当然更隆重的庆祝我们华人的传统农历新年,也叫春节。

华人的根,不会阻碍我活出一名基督徒的生活,同样的,基督的信仰,不会改变我作为一名华人的身份及传统。

农历新年的头一天,我及家人所要做的第一件事是到教堂参加新年感恩弥撒。。。。就如好多其他的华人般,到神庙去膜拜及感谢那位大能的神。

我感谢仁慈的天主,在过去一年里,给我家庭的各种恩赐,也祈求他在新的一年里,继续的指引,保护及降福我们。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blasphemy!

holding up altar for the dead? thats idolatry.