Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Eucharist 耶稣圣体


St. John's Gospel chapter 6 on the Body and Blood of Jesus, which was the Gospel reading for the past 5 weeks, is one of my favourite chapters.

"Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise that person up on the last day.

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in that person." (verses 54-56).

These are the verses I quoted frequently at RCIA session on Eucharist, communion, love and eternal life in Christ. This is the solid foundation of our Eucharist which was instituted by Christ himself.

While receiving the Communion, I was thinking about the response to the responsorial psalm " Taste and see that the Lord is good".


How was the taste? did I believe this was the blood and body of Christ? Did I ha
ve doubt as the Basilican monk in Lanciano of Italy in AD750? *

It tasted good, especially if it was freshly made wafer! But Lord, I believe it was your Body and Blood. You gave me hope, trust and confidence of salvation and eternal life.

Yes Lord, I believe.



*The bread turned into real flesh & blood. It is still in this form till today.



圣若望福音第五章,关于圣体圣事,是我最喜欢的圣经章节之一。在过去五个主日,都是宣读这章福音。

“谁吃我的肉,喝我的血,必得永生,在末日,我且叫他复活;因为我的肉,是真实的食物,我的血,是真实的饮料” (若六:54-56)

这是我在慕道班常引用的句子,来解释圣体圣事,共融,天主的爱和永生。这是我们耶稣建立圣体圣事的坚固基石。

今天当我领圣体的时候,我想起答唱咏的回应 “ 尝到了天主的美善 ”(我自己照英文直译)。

我心里的滋味如何?我相信这是耶稣的体和血吗?是否有像那位公元750年在意大利的神父,对圣体猜疑*?

假如面饼是刚做的,味道还清脆!但主耶稣,我相信这是你的体和血,真正的肉和血。你给了我希望,我对永生有了信靠及信心。

是的,主,我相信!

*当时那位神父祝圣,从面饼变成肉和血,目前还保持这个状况。

No comments: