Sunday, August 16, 2009

New taxi fare 新的士收费

Last Friday, I sent my car for brake servicing, so I took a taxi to attend the funeral service of Mdm Teresa, Fr. Lucas' mother.

When I boarded the taxi, the driver (pic) asked me whether I can pay him extra RM1.00 for the trip. He said his meter has not been calibrated to the new rate which took effect on 1st August 2009.

I said no problem.

He told me that he spent 3 days queuing up at the meter supplier for meter calibration but to no avail. He was given an appointment to come back on 28th Aug to do so.

He complained that he has to pay RM70.00 for the calibration and RM 40.00 to Puspakom for certification.

He said the way government doing thing has not been changed - giving opportunity to interest-group to make more money.


上个星期五,我把车送进车厂修理刹车器,所以就乘搭的士去参加黄天赐神父的妈妈的安所弥撒。

上了的士後,司机(照片)要求我是否可以多给一元,因为他的收费表,还没有依据政府宣布在八月一日生效的新收费。

我说没问题。

他告诉我,花了三天到收费表供应商处排队,都不能受到处理。现在他被排期在八月二十八号再到回去调整。

他投诉需要付七十元调整费,然后还需到 Puspakom (电脑检验)验证,另需付费四十元。

他说政府的做事方式还是没有改变 - 给机会利益集团赚更多的钱。

No comments: