Monday, August 31, 2009

Syndicated beggars 集团乞丐


Today afternoon, I stopped at a traffic light in one of the main street of Kajang. A Chinese "beggar" was asking for money from the drivers. He was about 60ish, stout and tanned.

At the next junction when I stopped my car for another red light, I saw another "beggar" about the same age as the previous one and looked stout too, asking for money from drivers.

Both were holding same type of walking sticks and sling begs! Physically, they looked stronger than me.

I refused to give them anything. I am quite sure they are "syndicated beggars" or "professional beggars" - beggars deployed by a syndicate to make money.

May be there are one at every junction.

今天的下午,我在加影的一个繁忙街道交通灯前停下,看到一位约六十岁左右,身体壮实的华裔“乞丐”,向车主乞钱。

当我到了另一个交通灯前红灯停下时,我看到另一位乞丐,同样的向车主乞钱。他和第一个乞丐同样的年龄,也是很壮实。

他们两人都是拿着同样的手杖、背袋。看来,他们比我身体还壮!

我拒绝给他们钱。我很肯定他们是“集团乞丐” 或“专业乞丐” - 他们是由一个集团指挥,为他们赚钱的。

可能在每一个交通灯前,都有一位乞丐。

No comments: