Monday, November 9, 2009

Burglary 爆窃

About 15 years ago, my friend, a land owner, developed his land jointly with a developer and gotten me a unit of ground floor 2 room-flat.

A friend stayed there for a while, but was vacant for the past five years. We used it to keep our old furniture, books and other household items.

Last week, I discovered the flat has been burglarised! It was the work of those stayed in the same unit.

My first dinning table bought 30 years ago was taken away, together with two single beds, an old old TV set.... and many old National Geographic magazines.

This is my first experience with burglars! I felt angry and frustrated ....










大约十五年前,一位地主朋友和发展商联手发展他的土地,让了一间底层组屋给我。

一位朋友住了一个时期,不过最近五年是空置,用来寄放旧家私,书籍和一些没用到的家具。

上个星期,我发现被爆窃了。我肯定是住在同座的人干的。

我三十年前买的餐桌被搬走了。。还有两张单人床,一架很老的电视机。。好多的旧【国家地理】杂志。

这是我第一次体验被爆窃。我感觉到非常生气及无奈。。。世风日下,老幼都会做不道德的勾当。。偷窃邻居的财物。。。


Children childhood toys
孩子童年玩具







30 years old dinning chair
三十年的餐椅

4 comments:

EP said...

No police report?

Simon Kajang said...

The break in happened during Hari Raya, when we discovered, already more than one month... so no point to report...I think it is the first floor or second floor guys did it...

Your project models still intact..can discard them?

Unknown said...

Oh no. This is sooo sad Dad. If I hadn't read your blog I wouldn't have known (mum called me on 11/11 but nothing was mentioned of it).

I was just hoping one day that we could use back the round dining table :(

On the bright side, all 3 of my soft toys are in tact..especially my favorite tortoise given by Auntie Lee.

EP said...

What are they? Can throw the mask if it's there