1. When comes to politic, religious leaders are no match for the foxy Prime Minister Najib.
2. And when Prime Minister invites you for lunch, you have no choice but to oblige.
3. Meal in Prime Minister office is bitter to swallow.
8 Christian leaders under the umbrella of Christian Federation of Malaysia (CFM) learned this after attended a luncheon hosted by the prime minister over the report of Christianisation of the country. (see story Buddha has anger too)
At the press conference after the luncheon, Najib declared: "the Christian leaders have given two very important and meaningful undertakings..."
1. Christian leaders in the country respected the position of Islam as the official religion and were not challenging the provision enshrined in the Federal Constitution.
2. Christian leaders had given their undertaking to cooperate in nurturing peace and harmony between the various faiths so the country would continue to be peaceful and prosperous.
The Christian leaders' roles had been turned from police into thieves in the process of having lunch with the prime minister !!
Apparently, they have declared through the mouth of Najib: " No gold buried here" **
** A thief buried his loot underground. Fearing others may come to know, he put up a sign board: " No gold buried here". (A Chinese idiom meaning a guilty person gives himself away by consciously protesting his innocence.)
No wonder... hardly a day later, Home Minister Hisham said: " there is some basis to Utusan Malaysia's report that there is a conspiracy to make Christianity the official religion of the country and install a Christian prime minister".
And the real thieves got away scot-free.... and dirty business as usual.