Thursday, August 7, 2014

巴黎 (1) Paris


 5/8/2014, we reached Paris from Milan at about 4:30 pm.

This concluded our 10 days Italian tour. (I shall do posting on this part of journey on a later date due to tremendous amount of information and photographs)

We checked into a small studio apartment at Rue Leopold Bellan, considered within city limit.

There are many cafes and supermarkets in this area. We did a little of shopping for bread, cheese and fruits, and rested for the rest of the day.

It rained this morning, so we went out wearing raincoat to begin with today's itinerary.

First stop was at the Miraculous Medal Chapel at Rue du Bac.

We came here 2 year ago. This was the chapel Mary appeared to Sr. Catherine Labore in year 1830. Her incorrupt body is kept here.  (See old posting ) 

We attended a Mass in French. Today is the Feast of the Transfiguration of Jesus (Jesus showing his glorious form to his disciples in Mount Tabor).

I liked this chapel because of lesser crowd.

We stayed more than 2 hours here and left for sightseeing.

Although it was my second time (Pauline's third time) to Paris, but we still go to places of interest.

We walked to the Arc de Tromph and had lunch at a restaurant nearby. The food is good and the price is reasonable.

After lunch, we went to visit Effel tower.

The tower under slight rain seemed more romantic ...

It was enough for a day. Walking under the rain also drained our energy too.

The first time I was in Paris was with my younger daughter who arranged the itinerary and the necessary.  

This time around, I have to take care ourselves, from booking hotel, train tickets and taking Metro. After the Italian trip, I have learned a lot and was confident in traveling with the Metro.

However, caution and alertness must be maintained at all times.

Today, I was almost fall victim to the pickpockets.

While boarding a Metro train in a crowded station, suddenly I felt some movement at my front jean pocket. Instinctively, I stretched my hand to touch it... at that moment, I also felt something was pulling out from my pocket, but my wallet was intact.

I realized that I have been pick-pocketed.

I think the modus operandi was that the pickpocket inserted something (not hand but could be a piece of hard material/cardboard to pull out my wallet, but failed because my hand was pressing hard on it. So he has to pull out.

I did not see the culprit except the crowd around me.

Giving thanks and praise to God for His protection.

It also awakened my alertness and caution.

(See more pictures in Faceboook)




5/8/2014 早上,我们乘搭火车,七个小时后,抵达了法国首都巴黎。

这意味着10天的意大利行程。(暂时把这段旅程押后,以后才详述)1830

抵达巴黎,已经是下午四点半,说要当天没有什么行程。

我们住进一家Airbnb 的小公寓,在巴黎的市中心,非常的方便乘搭地铁。

这是我第二次来到巴黎,而太太则是第三次。

今早,下着毛毛雨,我们穿了雨衣出外进行今天的节目。

我们来到了圣母显灵圣牌教堂。

两年前,我们曾到过这里。这是圣母像一位修女显现自己的地方。(参阅两年前的帖子)

我们参加了一台法语的弥撒。语言不是问题,因为我们归向的,就只有一位天主,一位耶稣,一个圣神(圣三)。今天是耶稣显圣容节(耶稣在大伯尔山上,显示给门徒们他的光荣的容颜)。

我喜欢这里,因为没有拥挤的人潮。我们大约逗留了两个多小时。

过后我们来到了巴黎的凯旋门,并在附近用午餐。

凯旋门附近有一间餐馆,价格相宜。我们就在那里好好的享用了一顿法国餐,包括美味的蜗牛。

虽然曾经来过,但我和太太仍然续程千万巴黎铁塔。

在雨中,铁塔显得更加浪漫。。

虽然有雨衣,但步行相当的困难,所以我们就结束了今天的行程。

第一次来巴黎,是跟随我的小女儿同行,一切她安排。这次我们自己来,一切得自己安排。不过,经过了意大利之行,我对乘搭地铁已经非常有心德及信心。

但是,我得仍然要小心扒手及盗窃。

今天在乘搭地铁时,我就惊险的遇上了专业的扒手。

当时很多人挤着要上车,突然间我觉得前右边裤袋有点感觉(或者是动到的感觉),我很自然意识的把右手按下,一阵很紧的、有东西从我的裤带拉出擦过的感觉,但我的钱包还在。

我意识到有扒手趁机要干案。他可能是把一样东西擦进我的裤袋子,要把钱包抽出,但因为我的发觉(按下),而中途放弃,把它抽出。

感谢天主的保佑,钱包得以保住,有惊无险,也让我更加提高警惕。

(更多照片Facebook)

No comments: