Thursday, February 16, 2012

My root 我的根


In March 2008, with a cousin, I went to visit my ancestral home in Gozhou, Guangdong Province of China. A section of more than 100-year old house where my father stayed and grew up are still standing. My father left this house at the age of 15 to then Malaya to seek a better life.

Few of my cousins still stay in this house. My father's sister passed away a year before my arrival... the only source of a first-person information about my father is lost!

Blog postings were written on this trip, but ... tragically, I have deleted by accident a year of my hard work in May 2008 ...... See I lost my account

在2008年的3月,我和一位堂哥回去中国广州省高州市附近的祖家。其中一部分超过百年的老屋,就是我爸爸在那儿住过及长大的地方。他在15岁左右就离开家乡,来到当时的马来亚,寻找更美好的生活。

目前还有几位堂兄弟住在哪。我爸爸的姐姐在我没到之前的一年,就去世了。她是我唯一能够得知有关我爸爸的第一者的来源,现在已失去了。

我曾在部落格上详细的记载这次行程,但不幸的,在2008年的5月,不小心的给删除了。一年多劳力就此消失。。。 可参看我的户口不见了


我的祖先祠堂及祖先牌位。不管现在是多少代,华人都有个根在中国,假如没有,不是无,而是不认。

有些很骄傲的认为是在英国。。。不是中国;更甚者,有些认为是在以色列!

My ancestral tables, more than 100 years old。 No matter how many generations, Malaysian Chinese can traced back to ancestry in China. If no, it is own denial or rejection, not because of non-existence.

Some are proud to acknowledge their root is in Henley Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire or Buckingham Palace, England ....or better still, in Israel !


No comments: